Import from LastPass

Options
donsa
donsa
Community Member

For some reason I cannot get an import from LastPass. It seems like I am going around in circles.. See attached. I already downloaded the desktop 1Password app for my mac. I keep getting the following "If you already have the desktop app, open and unlock 1Password, then choose File > Import to import from LastPass." which takes me back to this screen again. I downloaded the latest app for the mac

Don

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2023
    Options

@donsa

The direct import from the desktop version of the app will look like this:

You get there by launching the desktop app, going to File > Import... and then entering your LastPass credentials within that dialog.

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

I do not see what you showed me. I added 4 screen captures and the bottom line is nothing was imported.

Don

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@donsa,

That is 1Password 7. The native importer is in 1Password 8.

https://1password.com/product/

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

After searching the app store there was no 1Password 8 for the mac, however, I did fine one for the the pc.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@donsa

Ah, yes, its available directly from 1Password.com.

https://1password.com/downloads/mac/

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

Downloaded the latest software for the mac, however, the import failed. I got a document file which I forwarded to 1Password.

Don

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently there is a bug 1Password 8 for importing data from LastPass. What did work was exporting a file from LastPass then copying it and pasting it in !password.

• Hi @donsa 👋

Appreciate the update, is your data appearing correctly in 1Password now? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. 🙂

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

How can I set the timeout to a longer time regardfing the need for the password to utilize 1Password? In the 1Password app I have it set to 300 minutes, but, when I access 1Password through the browser it only shows 10 minutes and I have not found a way to increase the time. It is a pain to enter the 1Password over and over again when I am in the web browser.

• @donsa

When you say you're using 1Password "through the browser", are you using the 1Password browser extension, or are you signing in to 1Password.com?

If you're using 1Password in the browser with the extension, it should lock and unlock at the same time as the main 1Password app. If it isn't, let me know and I can help with that.

If you're getting automatically signed out of 1Password.com, you can change the setting by clicking your name in the top-right corner, then My Profile, then changing the Auto-Lock setting at the bottom left corner.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

— Grey

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey

I am referring to the browser extension. I haven already set the time out in the app to 300 minutes. I need to have the browser extension have the same timeout as the app.

Don

• @donsa

300 minutes is only an option for auto-lock on 1Password.com. To change how long the browser extension stays unlocked, you should change the auto-lock timer in the 1Password app, and the browser extension will follow suit:

How to set 1Password to lock automatically

By default, the main 1Password app and the browser extension will lock and unlock at the same time.

To check this, here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Click the 1Password menu (next to the  Apple menu) > Settings...
    3. On the Browser tab, make sure that "Connect with 1Password in the browser" is turned on.
    4. On the Security tab, set the "Lock after the computer is idle for:" timer is as you want it. You can choose a range of times from 1 minute to 8 hours, or Never.
    5. Back in your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click Settings.
    6. Make sure that "Integrate with 1Password app" is turned on in the General section at the top.

Let me know how you get on with that and I'll be here if you need anything.

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

Grey

Thank you. It looks like everything is working as it should be. Appreciate the support.

Don

• Hey Don,

On behalf of Grey you're very welcome! Let us know if we can help with anything in the future. 🙂

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

Grey

I think I still have a problem. Item #6 above is not the General Section, in fact I can not find it. At times I still have to re-enter the password.

Don

• @donsa

Make sure you're looking at the Settings that you open in step 5 – the settings for 1Password in the browser, not the main app.

Right-click the 1Password icon in the toolbar of your browser, and then Settings, and you'll see "Integrate with 1Password app" in the General section, like this:

You won't find that setting in the main 1Password app. Instead, you'll see "Connect with 1Password in the browser", like this:

Check that both of those are turned on, and let me know.

• donsa
    donsa
    Community Member
    Options

I have attached 3 screen shots:

• @donsa

Your screenshots all look correct. Bear in mind there will be times where Touch ID won't be available:

• If the amount of time in Settings > Security > “Require password” has elapsed
    • If Touch ID isn’t available, like when the built-in display is closed on your Mac
    • If you add or delete a fingerprint from your device

— from Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac

If you notice an occasion where Touch ID isn't available to unlock 1Password, check for the following:

• Is there an update to macOS waiting to install? If so, macOS may inhibit Touch ID until the update is installed.
    • Is there an update to your browser available? If so, allowing that update to complete will help.
    • Can you unlock the main 1Password app using Touch ID?
    • Can you use Touch ID for other tasks on your Mac, such as changing System Settings?

Compile that information into an email addressed to support@1password.com and one of the team will be able to evaluate it with you and see what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.