To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Importing from Kaspersky Password Manager into 1 password

Options
Albertault
Albertault
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Memberships

Looking to move my passwords and info from Kaspersky Password Manager into 1Password. Kaspersky exports a .txt. file and I have to convert it.
Not easy and anything I've looked at to assist has been overly complicated and time sucking. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Albertault

You have two options - import the text records manually one at a time, or use a tool that is already built to assist.

Only you can decide which is easier, less time sucking, and most palatable to you.

The kaspersky converter in the converter suite will do the job just fine, and reliably. It will be an order of magnitude faster than trying to do the job manually.

The documentation will walk you through the process. You should be able to get it done in under 20 minutes.

• Moonx3
    Moonx3
    Community Member
    Options

Trying to run the converter suite in windows powershell, I run into this issue
    Can't locate Win32/Unicode/File.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Win32::Unicode::File module)

Whats the issue? I tried googling the win32 unicode, but all I found out was that its a very outdated module (2012). The perl command I ran was:

perl convert.pl kaspersky -v C:\Users\Moon\Desktop\pm_export.txt

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Moonx3

Did you install the required modules as per the README's Step 2 (under the Windows section, step 7).

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Moonx3 - just checking in to see if you’ve resolved your issue.

This discussion has been closed.