Why does every website, even 1Password, ask me to click on OK to fill the 1Password information?

Options

On every web page, even the 1Password website pages, where there is the ability for 1Password to autofill data, the page prompts me with, "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on www.whatever.com". This defeats the purpose of the autofill feature. I don't want to have to click on a button every time I want 1Password to fill a field. Is there a way to make it so that all my 1Password data will automatically auto-fill all the fields on all pages?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.0
Extension Version: 81000020, on BETA
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:every website asks to click on OK to fill the 1Password information

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Mychale65, the confirmation prompt that you're referring to should only appear when filling an Identity or Credit Card item. It is a security measure that is used because we don't want your personal information or financial information to be shared without your permission.

That said, I do understand where you're coming from about the prompt and how it can be redundant. We have a feature request to remove the confirmation prompt when filling an Identity and Credit Card item. I have added your voice to that request so that our developers and designers know how this is impacting your experience.

Let me know if you get that prompt when filling things like your logins. If that's the case, it shouldn't happen, and I can investigate the issue further.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• Mychale65
    Mychale65
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the information Joy. It's disappointing new, however. It drives me nuts. The autofill feature is one of the whole points of 1Password. But I'm glad they are working on removing it. Thank you for adding my 2 cents into the mix. It is not happening in other fields, now that you mention it. So thank you for your time!

~Mychale

• Thanks for getting back to us @Mychale65, on behalf of Joy you are welcome.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

• ddavid1073
    ddavid1073
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with Mychale65, this is extra clicks and time that is just redundant. Please add my comments to the reasons to make the change or at least give the user the option if there is an actual security reason to have it. Thank you. P.S. I'm a new user of 1Password coming over from Lastpass. I hope to be with 1Password for a long time. Security and treatment of their user base is very important to me.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ddavid1073, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I've passed along your feedback to our developers. They are looking into a way to disable this prompt for those who do not want it. Hopefully there will be some good news regarding this in the future.

PB: 30290015

This discussion has been closed.