Unable to save item.

Options

I keep getting an error to save a new item or update an existing one.

When I restart my browers it starts working again for some time, but after a while, it doesn't work anymore.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Version 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Brave v1.48.164

Comments

• Hi @kamillelonek ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you try the following and let us know if it resolves the issue you're encountering when attempting to save items?

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting if currently turned on.
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the kebab menu ( ⋮ ) to sign out of your account.
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.
    6. Back in the 1Password extension's settings page, under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how things come along.

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

I have disabled 1password integration - I don't use the desktop app at all.

I noticed it's enough to just lock and unlock the extension. It's annoying, though.

• steph.giles
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @kamillelonek,

I'm sorry for the disruption, I have added you as an affected user to our internal issue. We hope to have a resolution soon.

In the meantime, would you be willing to give our latest beta a try and let us know if it improves the behaviour? Here's how: Use 1Password beta releases.

Let us know how you get on.

ref: dev/core/core#17386

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, done.

• Thank you. We hope it helps and appreciate any feedback you can give.

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

The problem remains, even with Beta.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hey @kamillelonek, I'm sorry that the issue is still present, even with the beta version of the extension. One final suggestion would be to install the 1Password app, as it has mechanisms to help the extension connect to our servers and save your logins more efficiently. We have seen that installing the app has resolved the "unable to save" issue for some users.

That said, I understand the app may not be for you. I just wanted to present it as an option, since it has indeed helped other users in the same boat. I'm truly sorry for disruption to your workflow that this issue has caused. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our releases page for updates regarding this issue in the future: 1Password Releases.

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

But I had the app at the very beginning.

I uninstalled it because of this error. It didn't help, though.

The issue remains with and without the app.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

@kamillelonek just curious, did you try the beta version of the extension with the app? If not, I do think it's worth trying, but I would understand if you wish to wait for another update. I do hope that we'll be able to share an update on the matter soon.

We appreciate your patience!

• kamillelonek
    kamillelonek
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried all combinations.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kamillelonek gotcha, thanks for letting me know. Though some updates were made to the beta extension and app, there are some cases (like yours) in which the bug is still present. I appreciate your willingness to try everything, and I am truly sorry about the experience.

If you're up for it, I do want to get your extension console logs and share them with our developers. This would allow our developers to investigate the issue in situations like yours further.

To collect your extension console log, please reproduce the error and then follow the steps here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you again for your patience and efforts.

This discussion has been closed.