New 1Password extension laggy and not showing progress

Options

When creating, filling and saving new generated passwords in Firefox with the current extension, all actions take a lot of time and there is no indication the program is working in the background (which it is, because when I wait, eventually the suggested generated password is filled to the form and the item is saved, but it can take a long time, minutes even)

What's worse is that upon saving the item, I cannot interact with the site until the saving action is done - the "save" button is frozen, only cancel button is available. The action should be IMHO done in the background with an error message displaying only when an error happens to not prevent users with further interaction with the site.

1Password Version: 7.9.832
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox 108.0.2

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @finwe, sorry for the issues you're seeing with 1Password in Firefox. The behavior that you've described does not sound right at all. I have a few questions:

1. In an earlier post, I saw that you had 1Password 8. Are you using 1Password 7.9.8 on a different computer?
    • As a note, 1Password 7.9.8 is not the latest version of 1Password 7. Older versions of the app could cause issues, esp if connected to the extension. Could you make sure to update your app to 1Password 7.9.9 or upgrade it to 1Password 8?
    1. Do the issues with 1Password occur on a specific website or all websites?
    2. Can you create and fill a test login on our form and see if the same issue happens there?
    3. Do you have any other extensions in Firefox?
    4. Do you use a proxy or VPN?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

ad the note: my app claims it is up to date. Is that a quirk on mine or your part?

1. Yes, I am using 1Password 8 on some machines and 1Password 7 on others (incl. my main PC). I need (and want) to use v7 because of my main personal standalone vault.
    2. Last, I had trouble when creating password for a bricsys.com account, but it randomly and really quite rarely happens with others - I don't exactly remember when and where, but it does.
    3. Yes, this works OK, there is a slight, noticeable lag when filling the recommended password, but nothing to fuss about.
    4. Yes, quite a lot
    5. No, no proxy or a VPN

Will observe this further and try to pinpoint when exactly it happens.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @finwe, thanks for those details! I missed that you were using 1Password for Windows. In that case, 1Password 7.9.8 is the latest version - all good there.

I tested the signup form on bricsys.com and didn't have an issue with filling a suggested password or saving a login. This indicates that the site may not be the issue so let's check on the extensions in your browser. As a first step, can you create a new profile in Firefox, install only 1Password in it, and test the filling on bricsys.com again?

Please let us know how that goes, talk to you again soon.

This discussion has been closed.