Troubles with Wavebox

This discussion was created from comments split from: unable to save item.

Comments

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

I'm having this problem over and over again using Wavebox (Chrome) on Mac and PCs. This needs to be fixed! It is particularly annoying when trying to update a password. The 'use generated' shows a password, but it cannot be pasted into the password field and the entry cannot be saved. The 'solution' is to kill and restart my browser. Anyone using Wavebox knows how painful this is.

• Hello @bmesnard,

Thanks for your message. As this is a different topic, I've split off this conversation.

With regard to the troubles you've been running into with Wavebox, this is currently only supported under beta versions of the 1Password app. Give this a try and let us know how you make out:

Use 1Password beta releases

We'll be here to help if you have any other questions or concerns!

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

I'm happy to try the beta releases.
    However, I'm confused about "this is currently only supported under beta versions".
    Don't know what the "this" is you're referring to.
    Anyways - on to the beta version.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard sorry for the confusion. The shared lock state feature is only supported for Wavebox in the beta version of the 1Password extension. Since moving on to the beta version of the extension, how are things working? Did you still need help? Please let us know!

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

Issues appear to be resolved so far.
    Fingers crossed!

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

Unfortunately, the problems have recurred. 1Password has, again, stopped recognizing input fields and autofill does not work. The extension does recognize websites, and shows the correct logins.
    As before, the only way to resolve is to restart Wavebox - painful.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard to clarify, does the issue only occur with suggested passwords or passwords created via the password generator? Do you save an error such as "unable to save" when saving a login?

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

The issues seem to be:
    1. Input fields for credentials are not recognized and the 1Password icon does not appear
    2. Autofill does not work
    3. Suggested passwords will not be entered, though the mini-dialog is shown with the new password
    4. Trying to save the new account results in the 'unable to save' error

Using the password generator will also fail - but I don't clearly remember the exact wording of the error message.
    I don't use the password generator much.

Do you have any additional diagnostic steps I can take when the error state is encountered?
    It seems to persist until I restart Wavebox.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023

@bmesnard so the first two issues may be unrelated to the last two issues. However, I'll need to ask a few questions before I fully determine that. Let's focus on the issue occurring on your Mac for the time being. After we address that, we'll look at what's happening on your Windows PC.

Here are some questions to get started:

• What version of Wavebox are you using?
    • What version of the 1Password app are you using?
    • Are Wavebox and the 1Password app both installed in your /Applications folder?
    • What version of the extension do you have installed?
    • Do you use any other extensions in Wavebox?
    • Do you use anti-virus or anti-malware program on your computer?
    • Do you use a proxy or VPN?

Once we get the details, we'll let you know about the next steps to take. Talk to you again soon.

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this amazing level of product support!
    If you don't mind, I'd like to start with my PC. My wife uses the mac, so I'm better able to quickly give you PC related details.

What version of Wavebox are you using?
    Wavebox: 10.111.15.2 stable
    Install Method: installer
    Wire Config: 1.2.14
    Chromium: 111.0.5563.64

What version of the 1Password app are you using?
    I don't use the 1Password app on my PC, so it's not installed.

Are Wavebox and the 1Password app both installed in your /Applications folder?
    N/A

What version of the extension do you have installed?
    Extension is 1Password beta version 2.8.1

Do you use any other extensions in Wavebox?
    Adblock (5.4.1) and Tampermonkey (4.18.1). Nothing else.

Do you use anti-virus or anti-malware program on your computer?
    Windows Defender - nothing else

Do you use a proxy or VPN?
    No

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard thanks for the info, and yes we can start with your Windows PC.

It's possible that the other extensions in your browser are causing the filling issues with 1Password. Could you temporarily turn off the other two extensions to see if the issues with filling via 1Password are still present?

If filling still does not work at times, then let's temporarily turn off Windows Defender. This is just for testing. Let us know how things go with that.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing from you again.

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

Ok! Will do.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard how are things going? If you still need help with this, please let us know.

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

Thanks so much for following up.
    I posted in another thread about this.
    No issues seen in the last 4 days (1password beta).
    Hopefully the cause is infrequent enough to be a minor annoyance.
    Fingers crossed!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard Great to hear! I just wanted to double check with you. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

Experienced the same issues this morning.
    I've sent a console log.
    (sigh)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard did you get a response from our team yet? If not, please share your Support ID, and I'll help move things along.

• bmesnard
    bmesnard
    Community Member

No response yet.

PYQ-42126-456

Thanks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bmesnard thanks for that, I'll make sure you get a response shortly.

This discussion has been closed.