Search on the Home screen

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS app tabs - How to use?.

Comments

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, thanks for the clarification.
    If the home tab is for quick access, then I would like to file a request for a search bar at the top (or stuck to the bottom) of the home screen. I find the additional tap to search a serious regression from the functionality of 1P7 for iOS. Maybe make it a user setting to activate this. But it would speed up things enormously.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @janpeeters! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! I'm going to reply to all of the points that you've raised in a few different threads here to avoid confusion since you're speaking about the same feature request in all of your comments. 🙂

If the home tab is for quick access, then I would like to file a request for a search bar at the top (or stuck to the bottom) of the home screen.

I've passed along your request for a search bar on the Home screen to the product team. While I can't promise anything, the team will consider the request as they're planning new updates to 1Password for iOS.

If the designers worry about aesthetics, make it a user setting to activate this, so power users can be fast.

I'll make sure to note this in the internal feature request as well.

Another request: make tapping twice on the Search tab clear the search field. This would speed up usage of the search tab too.

That's a cool idea, I've passed this along to the product team too.

-Dave

ref: PB-31658252
    ref: PB-31660025

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P, for forwarding the idea to the devs. I really didn't understand why such a handy feature in 1P7 was removed in 1P8. There were many more regressions from 1P7 to 1P8 (but also a lot of useful improvements). Happily, many issues have been addressed in the latest 8.10 releases. But since search on the homepage was requested so many times (and not yet implemented) I wanted to attract some extra attention. Let's wait and see what's done with it.

• @janpeeters

1Password 8 is a complete redesign and rewrite and that means that certain features and functionalities have not yet made it into the new app since we wanted to redesign the experience from the ground up. Our developers are working hard to further refine 1Password 8 and are planning many exciting new changes and features: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

Thank you again for your feedback, it helps us to make 1Password even better.

-Dave

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @Dave_1P, I'm looking forward to more enhancements of the user flow.

• Thank you again for your suggestions and feedback. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.