Duo authentication sync issue

System
edited March 2023 in Business and Teams
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password not syncing.

Comments

• jparis
    jparis
    Community Member

Our organization has recently started using 1Password; we've set it up with single-sign on (with Duo). What we've found is that the Mac app actually seems to lose it's connection and can no longer sync after a while (like a day or just a few days). In order to work around this, we have to completely log out of the Mac App, and log back in, at which point we are prompted to log in the browser with single-sign-on, and the sync is restored for another day/few days.

The combination of a really short time out, and absolutely zero notification that the app can no longer sync presents a real problem. I would assume this is a bug, however I do not have access to the 1password admin account settings -- perhaps there's something in there that would modify this behavior?

At the very least, the app should notify you that it is not syncing anymore based on an authentication condition!

• Hello @jparis,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using 1Password with Duo. You shouldn't need to sign out and back in on a regular basis, so I'd like to help troubleshoot this some more for you. Can you send an email to support@1password.com and include a link to this post (https://1password.community/discussion/138765/duo-authentication-sync-issue) so we can review your case in private? Our community forum is a public space and it's best to not discuss anything that may be specific to any 1Password account you may have.

After you send the email, the system should reply with a ticket number or ticket mask. Post it here and I'll use that to expedite your case.

Thank you,

• jparis
    jparis
    Community Member

@ScottS1P Thank you, my support ticket number is 118529

• Thanks @jparis -- I've just replied to your email. I'll close out this community thread so we can continue working over email. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.