"Your account is suspended." When trying to use 1password in safari. Why?

Trying to use 1password to sign in to google.com on safari, I encounted the error:

"Your account is suspended. Contact your family organizer or team administrator for more information."

I'm the only one assigned to my account, not yet gotten family to sign up. WHat's going on?

1Password Version: 81001033, on PRODUCTION channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:"Your account is suspended." safari

Comments

• Hey @sanderbloop,

I'm sorry for the trouble, the account suspension error you're seeing is from a known issue that our development team has been investigating. The team just recently rolled out a fix for this in the newest version of 1Password in the browser. Could you make sure that you're running on version 2.8.1 and see if that resolves the issue you're experiencing?

Update 1Password in the browser

Give that a try and let me know how you get on.

• sanderbloop
    sanderbloop
    Community Member

Hi Steph,

Yep the update via apple's app store works! I just tested it out, and was able to log in without using yet another opened screen.

Thanks much for the quick and helpful response.

---S

• On behalf of Steph, you're welcome.

• PaulBeaudry
    PaulBeaudry
    Community Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue with the Edge browser on a Windows device. The current extension version available is 2.8.0 for Edge.

Thank you,

-Paul

• @PaulBeaudry

Please check for version 2.8.1 and update. Let me know if that helps. I'm showing it was released earlier. It might take a while to make its way to you.

• PaulBeaudry
    PaulBeaudry
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,

The browser extension has been updated to 2.8.1 and it's still experiencing some issues. Currently it's stuck "syncing" and won't allow browser access. Any recommendations for troubleshooting (I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the extension)?

• PaulBeaudry
    PaulBeaudry
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Please disregard. Closing and reopening 1password desktop client resolved the issue. Thank you.

• @PaulBeaudry

Thank you for the update, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• Sabahali
    Sabahali
    Community Member

I am facing this exact same error message. Please help.

• Hey @Sabahali,

There are a couple of different issues in this thread, in order for me to provide accurate guidance can you confirm the error message you are seeing?

Can you also confirm the version number of 1Password in your browser you are using?

This discussion has been closed.