Cannot install Password 8 - Current I Mac with Apple Chips and Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)

Options
BobBarker
BobBarker
Community Member

After working on my system this morning, I switched off and switched on a couple of hours later. The message attached displayed. I have absolutely no idea why this is displayed, between switching off and then on again, the machine was offline and we live alone - why is this message displayed?? Since I could not use 1password at all, I removed the app and web helper and reinstalled. If I attempt to install Password 8, the message comes back so I can only install password 7, which immediately suggests upgrading to Password 8,

This used to be a great product, now ?? How the heck do I get back to password 8??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @BobBaker

The following should help with that by allowing you to create a new database and pull in your information from 1Password.com

1. Make sure you have your Emergency Kit and know your account password and all data is contained on 1Password.com.
    • Double check that ALL data is on 1Password.com! We do not want you to experience any data loss. If needed, manually copy data to 1Password.com from the 1Password 8 application to ensure no data loss.

• If your local copy has data that is not present on 1Password.com you would need to manually copy it over to 1Password.com to prevent data loss.

1. Quit 1Password and all browser for good measure. Right-click 1Password in the menu bar (If it's there) and click Quit.
    2. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
      In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

3. Press Return.

4. You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".

5. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    6. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash.
    7. Download a new copy of 1Password from here and install it - https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password.zip
    8. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the setup process.
This discussion has been closed.