Import standalone vault on dropbox into 1Password 8

Options
patman102
patman102
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

Hello,

I'm a long to user of 1Password. Just had my Iphone repaired and wiped it. I'm trying to import my stand alone vault into 1password8. The import feature does not recognize the files in the dropbox folder. I tried dragging and dropping.

There are two folders saved on dropbox:

"1Password.legacyagilekeychain" with ".password" ".keys" ."html" files

"1Password.opvault" with JavaScriptFile

I would be most grateful for help because I'm currenlty locked out of many accounts...

Regards, Patrick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    Options

Why not recync your stand alone version (assume 1PW 7) on the wiped phone. Once done, migrate to 1PW 8 from the phone.

That is how I did it. I then uninstalled 1PW7 and manually removed the Dropbox folders. I di the same on my iPad and Windows machine.

• patman102
    patman102
    Community Member
    Options

I just discovered how to download IPW 7. It was not showing up in the app store search for iphone, only IPW 8. I was able to download it by looking at my previously purchased apps

• Hello @patman102! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble migrating your standalone vault to 1Password 8. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our dedicated migrations team can help get everything up and running. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.