Git 2.40 breaks op-ssh-sign

scottaw
scottaw
Community Member
edited March 2023 in SSH

After upgrading to git 2.40 today, op-ssh-sign now thinks I'm passing flags that I am not passing:

Anyone else seeing this issue?

op_apple_universal_v2.14.0.pkg (Pkg)

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• eswat2
    eswat2
    Community Member

same as what i saw:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/680105

my temporary solution was to remove git from homebrew and fallback to the Apple supplied version...

• scottaw
    scottaw
    Community Member

yeah, I might have to do the same. 😞 Thank you. Glad we have verification at least.

• yesdevnull
    yesdevnull
    Community Member

I'm also seeing this after updating to Git v2.40.0. Looks like the issue stems from this commit to git.

I use the Homebrew version of git, so for the interim I downloaded the 2.39.2 formula and installed that (brew unlink git && brew install ~/Downloads/git.rb). Back to normality until git v2.40.1 (hopefully!).

• scottaw
    scottaw
    Community Member

Nice catch. And nice info on how to get the older git version in homebrew. I googled everything and couldn’t even find out how to get homebrew to show me what other formula were even available.

• We're working on a fix for this. For now, what you can do as a workaround is comment out the gpg.ssh.program line in your .gitconfig and set SSH_AUTH_SOCK yourself:

On macOS:

export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/t/agent.sock

If you want to use it with a GUI application, you can launch it from the terminal session which has SSH_AUTH_SOCK set, e.g.

open -a /Applications/Tower.app

We'll keep you posted for when the fix is out.

• scottaw
    scottaw
    Community Member

Thanks for the super fast turnaround on the update today

• For anyone else who might be running into this:

We've released a fix for the issue described above both on production and on the nightly channels. If you're running into issues with git 2.40, try updating the 1Password app!

This discussion has been closed.