App Password Field Doesn't Line Up

bmgrinst
bmgrinst
Community Member

Hello. When I open the 1Password iOS app on my 11Pro, it's often impossible to enter my app password into the blue sign in box. Instead, the cursor jumps up above the box. The password can only be typed outside (above) the password field. Is this a known issue? I couldn't locate any discussion of this topic by searching the forum. Thank you.

Comments

• Hello @bmgrinst! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password. Are you using the latest version (8.10.2) of 1Password 8?

So that I can better understand the situation would you be able to post a screenshot of what you see? Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• bmgrinst
    bmgrinst
    Community Member

Hi Dave.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload a screenshot to this platform. It appears that I need a url to do that. Where can I find some directions on how to do that?

In the meantime, I have some additional details about my original issue. Through trial and error, I noticed that the problem only occurs after I first open another app or website that needs me to autofill my login information. When I then click on my iPhone's (11Pro) "key" icon that launches 1Password, that's when the 1Password login screen appears with the "Enter Your Password" field located above the blue text box, instead of inside of the blue text box. I have confirmed that this problem never occurs when I launch the 1Password app by itself, without first launching another app or website that requires me to autofill my login information.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2023

@bmgrinst

Seems like the same issue I reported here.

FYI. You can copy any screenshot, and paste in your reply.

• bmgrinst
    bmgrinst
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Mr C,

Thank you. Yes, it appears to be the exact same issue that you reported. My 1Password login screen looks nearly identical to the screenshot that you already posted. So, there's no need for me to post another picture.

I'm so glad that it's not just me with this issue. I was beginning to wonder if my phone had been hacked and my 1Password app compromised. But that's highly unlikely since other people are seeing the same issue.

I didn't notice this issue until after the latest update downloaded on March 8th. Since they're already working on the issue, I won't worry about it any further.

Thank you, Mr C.
    and
    Thank you, Dave.

• @bmgrinst

I've been able to reproduce the issue on my iPad as well and I've filed an internal work item for our developers to investigate further. Thank you again for reporting the issue.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20611

This discussion has been closed.