Stop offering to save login with google

Options

I dont know why this is even a thing but clearly I don't need to save a password in places I sign in with google. Its just another annoying popup I have to dismiss every time I log in with google.

Please tell me how to get rid of this nonsense.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Stop offering to store login with google

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @BradTH, it sounds like you may be seeing suggestions to save a SSO login. To confirm that though, could you take a screenshot of the suggestion and share it with me?

For help with taking screenshots, check out this link: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org. Make sure not to include any private or sensitive info (no need to show your passwords).

I look forward to hearing from you again!

• BradTH
    BradTH
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah its so I it keeps popping up everywhere I am already signed in with google. I found the setting to turn it off in the end.

Hope that turns it off on all computers I use coz it's pretty annoying.

• Hi @BradTH,

I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing you. You will need to disable that setting on each device/browser.

We have a feature request to disable the sign in with prompt on certain websites so I will add your feedback.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

ref: IDEA-I-2332

• BradTH
    BradTH
    Community Member
    Options

A feature to disable this for my entire account would be great. Id rather act as if this feature was never implimented.

• Hey @BradTH,

I apologise that you did not have a great experience, once you have disabled the feature on your device/browser you won't need to do it again.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

• DerrickTML
    DerrickTML
    Community Member
    Options

What is the solution for this annoyance? I've been searching without any success. I loved 1Password until this pop-up showed up and will not go away. As most, I have multiple tabs open and every time I switch active tabs it pops up again.

• Hey @DerrickTML,

Here are the steps to disable the 'Sign in with..' prompt:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Under autofill turn off 'Log in automatically using a ‘sign in with’ provider’ and ‘Offer to save new provider sign-ins’.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• DerrickTML
    DerrickTML
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Thank you!

Worked like a charm and appreciate the help.

• You're welcome @DerrickTML, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.