Suggestion: Drag-and-Drop Fields After Tapping, Holding & Moving…

nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

I like that 1Password recently updated the app so that you can tap-to-hold to show the pop up menu again (where you get the options to Copy, Show Large Type, etc.), but now it’s not possible to drag-and-drop a field without first copying it to clipboard. Personally, I use drag-and-drop to avoid copying a field, like a password, to the clipboard, so that it’s not exposed to other apps. (I know that Apple has made some improvements to privacy regarding 3rd party apps accessing the clipboard contents related to other, separate 3rd party apps, but it’s not full-proof.) My suggestion would be to tap-and-hold on the field for a couple seconds, such as after the pop up menu has popped up, then drag the field outside of the view of the pop up menu (& then using the other hand to multi-touch and swipe between apps).

1Password for iOS 8.10.1 81001019, on BETA channel

Edit: Also, when using the 1Pass Safari iOS extension, there’s still some inconsistencies when dragging-and-dropping fields, and it requires a couple tricks to get it to work. I’d anticipate the extension to work in a similar fashion to the suggestion above. Thanks!

Comments

• Hello @nimvio! 👋

Our developers are aware of an issue that is affecting the ability to drag and drop fields when using 1Password 8 for iOS. We have an internal work item open to investigate the issue further. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Also, when using the 1Pass Safari iOS extension, there’s still some inconsistencies when dragging-and-dropping fields, and it requires a couple tricks to get it to work. I’d anticipate the extension to work in a similar fashion to the suggestion above. Thanks!

I can see what you mean here and I've filed an issue with our developers so that they can look into this as well. Thank you for reporting this. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20173
    ref: dev/core/core#20612

This discussion has been closed.