Import Passwords button does nothing

Options
dinpass
dinpass
Community Member

New to 1Password. Just installed the windows app. When I click Import Passwords, nothing happens. any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dinpass,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the 1Password Support Community!

Sorry for the troubles you are experiencing with the import option in the 1Password 8 app. Could you let me know if the import option appears to be greyed out or if the option appears as other items in the menu, but nothing happens when click it?

Clicking import should provide you with option to import from LastPass or File, as depicted below:

Looking forward to your reply.

• miranda
    miranda
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,
    I'm having issues like that. For me, it's greyed out and I can't import the passwords. I'm importing from Bitwarden

• Hello @miranda,

Thanks for your message. Could you confirm that you are signed into the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app and this where you are seeing the greyed out import option, per the first image depicted above.

As an alternative, if you have a .csv export from Bitwarden? You can import .csv files by following this guide to, Move your data into your account on 1Password.com.

If you are continuing to have issues with the .csv import described above, I'd like to ask you to send an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com so we can help you further through the import process.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/679883/#Comment_679883
    • Your forum username: miranda

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

• htheater
    htheater
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Same issue.

New user on an existing TEAMS version of 1Password coming from a paid version of LastPass. Windows 11 Pro. Using the 1Password app for Windows - 8.10.3 81003012, on PRODUCTION channel.

When I first selected to IMPORT, it asked from where and I told it LastPass. It never gave me the opportunity to provide the LastPass credentials, nor can I get there now.

There is an IMPORT PASSWORDS button, but it does nothing.

Now the IMPORT selection in the menu is greyed out.

What next?

• htheater
    htheater
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sorry, I saw how to EDIT my post and it was less than an hour, so I did that for clarity and deleted what I had added here. Feel free to DELETE!

• htheater
    htheater
    Community Member
    Options

Found a post on Reddit that solved my problem!

They had me look at MY PROFILE and I was in the "Waiting to be confirmed" status. After being confirmed by the Team Administrator, the IMPORT button was no longer greyed out and it took me to the popup to fill in my LastPass login. After doing that, it worked!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @htheater, it's great to hear that you were able to get things working after having a Team Administrator confirm your account! Thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach back out 😄

• trellus
    trellus
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same same problem on both Windows 10 64-bit (1Password 8, fresh install today) and macOS Ventura (1Password 8, fresh install today) -- the "Import passwords" button clicks (flashes) but literally does nothing, as if the button were a facade with no code behind it. This "click but do nothing" behavior is on BOTH platforms, fresh installs directly from 1Password. I would expect an error message or the button to be GREYED OUT, rather than this strange "flash and do nothing" kind of behavior. Super frustrating, as I have ALL my passwords in LastPass and I can't import anything.

• trellus
    trellus
    Community Member
    Options

I should also mention that the "Import Passwords" option in the INSTALLATION / SETUP (or perhaps it's initial sign-in with app?) exhibited the same behavior -- button flashes indicating it received the "click" but it did nothing -- so at that point, I just figured there was something weird about the setup it did not like and thought I could do an import later, but sure enough, once in the app, it behaved the same... I don't understand why the BUTTON clicks and flashes when it does nothing, yet in the menus (macOS and Windows), the MENUS show Import GREYED OUT. Why is the BUTTON even there / functional if the MENU option is greyed out? And why the heck is greyed out?

• trellus
    trellus
    Community Member
    Options

Another tidbit -- I can manually add a secure note to my private vault, so it's not a case of the account being frozen or not activated -- manual adds work just fine, only import is not working.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @trellus, apologies for the delay in response here! Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with a diagnostics report from one of your devices, so we can look into this further?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.