why is 1pass autofilling on the 1Pass Homepage!? something is not right anyone could log in !

Options

when i go to the 1Pass homepage it autofills my password to enter my profile - I do not think this is setup correctly , any help is appreciated
this is happening to me on my Mac Laptop

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 11.7.1
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:why is 1pass autofilling on the 1Pass Homepage!? something is not right anyone could log in !

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmcfadden, I hope you're doing well today. I can understand why you are concerned about your 1Password credentials being autofilled.

Every 1Password account comes with a 1Password item with your account information. This information is useful if you forget your Account Password or Secret Key but still have access to your data. You can locate the 1Password item to get those details and then access your account again.

Additionally, the 1Password item can be used if you want to sign in to your account on our web portal at 1Password.com. On the sign-in page, the 1Password item would be suggested (as you have seen), and that helps with signing in quickly.

There shouldn't be a security issue with this though, as that suggestion is only available if your 1Password extension is unlocked. To unlock the extension, your Account Password is needed, and only you should be able to know what that is. The suggestion will never appear if the 1Password extension is locked.

To ensure that your data is protected, please keep your Account Password as safe as you can. I would also recommend configuring your extension's auto-lock settings so that the extension does not stay unlocked while you are away or while your computer is asleep. In fact, it's even possible to configure your extension to lock up while you're using your computer. This isn't something that I personally do, but it's a security option that some do like.

Here's how to configure your extension's auto-lock settings: https://support.1password.com/auto-lock/#manage-auto-lock-in-the-1password-browser-extension

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• jmcfadden
    jmcfadden
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the reply

When I go to my HOMEPAGE and click to SIGN IN when i click in the Password Box it auto fills the Password for my OnePass account

I have AutoFill in my BRAVE browser set to allow OnePass to control it

this behavior is not a good thing - i wish i could attach a picture !

John

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

@jmcfadden when that happens, is the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar locked or unlocked?

This discussion has been closed.