Is there a better way to autofill?

I'm doing local development and I'm currently testing a contact us form. Before I installed 1Password, as soon as I clicked on the first name field, Chrome offered to autofill and filled out all of the fields. Now, I have to click the 1 password icon in my browser, scroll down until I find the identity I want to use and then click autofill. And I often get warnings because I'm not using https in my local testing. 1Password has turned what used to be a simple task into something very tedious.

Is there a better way? Is there a way to allow Chrome to fill in fields like it used to while still using your functionality?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@imjustabill by default, 1Password will control the autofill setting in your browser. We do recommend using 1Password to fill your personal information and credit cards as it's often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location.

That said, if you want to use your Chrome browser to fill contact forms, you can make the following changes:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more and turn on "Save and fill addresses".

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• imjustabill
    imjustabill
    Community Member

Thanks Joy_1P. Will this turn off 1Password for usernames and passwords as well, or just addresses? I would prefer to 1P for my usernames and passwords, but I'm happy to let Chrome fill in my addresses for me.

Thank you.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@imjustabill this will allow 1Password to fill your logins while allowing Chrome to fill your addresses. It's a great setup for those who want 1Password to fill usernames and passwords but who want Chrome to handle things like contact forms.

• imjustabill
    imjustabill
    Community Member

Thank you! That's perfect!

• @imjustabill, on behalf of Joy, you are most welcome!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.