visa information entering incorrectly

This has happened on two different web sites today..
When asked for credit card info, I click in the card number field and 1Password prompts me to allow it to fill in the data. I say yes, and all the fields populate.. but the card number is incorrect.

This is a visa card :xxxx 5xxx xxxx xxxx but when it fills in the number, it enters xxxx 3xxx xxxx xxxx.

At first I thought it was a typo when I had entered the data, So I went to edit the entry and it was correct. I removed the number and reentered it and saved it again but it still does the same thing. All the other information is correct, date, code, name.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:visa information entering incorrectly

Comments

• richardlt
    richardlt
    Community Member

1password version 8.1
    OS is windows 10
    Browser is edge.

• Hey @richardlt,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having when filling your credit card, the behaviour you are describing is indeed strange and not something I've come across before.

Can you start by clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and sign in and then click on the Credit Cards drop down and just confirm that this is the only item containing this specific cards details that you have saved?

In addition, just to rule it out, can you confirm the card is also not saved within Edge by pasting edge://settings/payments into your address bar followed by the enter key and check under the 'Cards you've saved section.

Next, could you detail the steps you are taking to fill your credit card information? Are you selecting the card from the inline menu suggestion that appears beneath the fields?

Finally, could you give it a try on our test website and let me know if the behaviour is the same? https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple.

Let me know how you get on with the above!

• richardlt
    richardlt
    Community Member

Thank you so much.. I had two stored for that same card, one correct and one wrong.

• Thank you for getting back to me @richardlt, it's great that we were able to get to the bottom of things!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.