[ERROR] DATE TIME connecting to desktop app: write: The pipe is being closed.

Kn0rki
Kn0rki
Community Member

Hi,

with CLI Version 2.15 i get the error in the topic on Windows 10.
anyone else have this problem?

"Connect with 1Password CLI" is checked.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:the pipe is being closed

Comments

• liimasim
    liimasim
    Community Member

I have similar issue.
    Following instructions at https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/get-started/ and at Step 3 (Enter op signin) i get exact same error message.
    I'm too on Windows 10, 1Password version 8.10.3 and CLI version 2.15.0.

• evanjacover
    evanjacover
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same thing. Windows 11, 1Password version 8.10.3 and CLI version 2.15.0.

• rdhyee
    rdhyee
    Community Member

Same here -- I reported https://1password.community/discussion/comment/680451/#Comment_680451 yesterday in the context of what seems to be the same problem that afflicted version 2.13.0 because that version wasn't properly signed.

• ProtoDingus
    ProtoDingus
    Community Member

Same problem here. Windows 11, 1Password v8.10.3, CLI v2.15.0.

> op signin
    [ERROR] 2023/03/18 02:00:37 connecting to desktop app: write: The pipe is being closed.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited March 2023

Hi folks,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're actively investigating, and I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience here. In the meantime, 2.15-beta.03 should work in addition to 2.14.
    Jack

• ericmoolin
    ericmoolin
    Community Member

Is this still an issue? I am getting the same error on Windows 11, CLI 2.18.0, 1password 8.10.8.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    edited June 2023

(Deleted)

• schancksb
    schancksb
    Community Member

I'm still getting this issue as of today with CLI 2.18.0

• OscarHDS
    OscarHDS
    Community Member

Still getting this issue with CLI 2.14 and 2.18 and the desktop app being 8.10.8. Also unable to use the OpenSSH agent which I imagine is somewhat connected. OpenSSH agent broke as of this morning on my machine and the only other Windows machine here that's running 1Password.

• OscarHDS
    OscarHDS
    Community Member

Fixed this issue for my machine. When the update ran it must have stopped opening 1Password as administrator. I just went to the "1Password.exe" file, hit "Properties" -> "Compatibility" -> "Run this program as an administrator" and it works now. For future reference, 1Password has logs two directories up from that exe which I used to find out it was a permissions issue.

• OscarHDS
    OscarHDS
    Community Member

This fix breaks DataGrip integration for some reason. Will look at logs tomorrow to see what is going on

• OscarHDS
    OscarHDS
    Community Member
    edited June 2023

Logs say nothing of use regarding the DataGrip part of the issue

This discussion has been closed.