Staring app and logging in

Options
brianmw36
brianmw36
Community Member

When I launch 1Password why do I have to choose the fingerprint icon to login ever-time? Is there a way to make the fingerprint icon default and not the type password field?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @brianmw36! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not being automatically prompted for Touch ID on your Mac. When I open 1Password for Mac I see the Touch ID prompt display automatically:

If you don't see this then can you restart your Mac and then try to open 1Password again. If you still don't see the Touch ID prompt appear then can you tell me a little more about how you're opening the 1Password app? Is it from the Dock, the menubar icon, or from within a browser?

-Dave

• brianmw36
    brianmw36
    Community Member
    Options

This is the screen I get launching app, and I have to choose the fingerprint icon everytime with mouse...

• @brianmw36

Thank you for the screenshot. Did you try restarting your Mac? If you did and the issue persists can you tell me how you're opening the app? From the macOS Dock, the menubar icon, from inside of a browser, or some other way?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• brianmw36
    brianmw36
    Community Member
    Options

Launch app from dock 9 out of 10 times, I did not reboot but now every time I launch app I'm getting the fingerprint dialog box... i dunno what to say...

• @brianmw36

Gremlins in the mix. ;) Haha. If you have troubles with this again please let us know.

ps. Gotta love snoopy. Cool avatar.

This discussion has been closed.