Pull Down to search in 1P8

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

I am so used to in iOS using pull down for search. It's everywhere. It wish it were in 1Password 8. I still can't get used to the search button in the Dock or whatever. I keep trying to swipe down to reveal the search bar at the top of the app. Would this be possible as a feature?

Thanks very much.

1Password Version: 80905003
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.1b3
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this is a great idea! I miss a universal search field on the start page of 1P8 on iOS.
    This would be a great solution to fix that. I have to do to many steps in the current version to search.

• Thanks @TomWolsky @janpeeters

I'd be happy to pass this request along to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-828

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks indeed!

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member
    Options

+1.

I miss this almost every day. Is there any way beyond this message that I can register my very strong support for this?

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yes, in particular, pull-to-search is an incredibly common iOS idiom that I miss almost every single time I open the app, since a general search is far and away the most common way for me to find what I am looking for in 1Password.

+1 (or really, +1000) for this.

• @a.jaffe

I've merged your comments into the same thread so that I could reply to you in one place. As of 1Password for iOS 8.10.0 (released in February) you can now pull down to search:

You can now search a list of items by swiping down in the list and using the search field.

Let me know if I misunderstood your suggestion. 🙂

-Dave

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P,

You can now search a list of items by swiping down in the list and using the search field.

Let me know if I misunderstood your suggestion. 🙂

Well, this is close, but not quite. Ideally, this search field would be present on the top of the "Home" and "Items" pages as well -- that is usually where I end up when I open the app, and my muscle memory encourages me to swipe down to search.

I note that both of those pages are "customizable", so perhaps it could be a "tile" that could be added to these pages?

Thanks for considering this...

-Andrew

• @a.jaffe

Thank you for clarifying. I've passed along your suggestion to the product team and, while I can't make any promises, they'll consider adding a search field to the Home and Items screens in the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31744603

This discussion has been closed.