Filtered view for entries

Tabaluga
Tabaluga
Community Member

Is there a was in the iOS software to have a favorite structure based on filtering it would be nice to have a filter for Home, Hobby, Holiday House etc. That is not based on the search function. Easy way would be Filter for Tags. The only option I am seeing currently its to use different vaults. But in this case there is a problem with double entries that do not carry over changes between the duplicates.

I think this is not possible in this case I would like to post this as a feature request.

Comments

• Hello @Tabaluga! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! You can already organize your items by tagging them: Organize with favorites and tags

Once tagged, you can filter your items to see only those with a certain tag by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
    2. Tap Items at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Scroll down and tap the tag that you'd like to filter by.

If you don't see tags then make sure to customize the Items screen to enable the tags section: Customize your Home screen and items tab

If I misunderstood your suggestion then please tell me a little more about the functionality that you'd like to see. 🙂

-Dave

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

@Dave_1P Thank you, that helps a little bit. But it is somehow the same as searching for a tag and tap into it via search.

I was looking for a more general app wide filtering. Basically what the home screen already allows by using vault collections. But why not allow those collections to also consist of tags. I would like to only use one vault and and separate the items by tag but not loosing the collection thing.

• @Tabaluga

I think that I understand what you mean, you'd like to be able to create a collection of multiple tags rather than multiple vaults. This would require collections to be entirely redesigned since right now they're meant to be a custom group of vaults and the tags in those vaults.

Can you tell me why you don't want to use multiple vaults instead? That sounds like it would be the best option. You mentioned "double entries", why do you have copies of the same item in two different vaults? The more information that you can share the more detailed I can make the feature request that I'll file on your behalf. 🙂

-Dave

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P,

I have items that belong to Home and Holiday House or Hobby and Holiday House or even all three. Or I need some Items that actually belong to my private vault but I need them sometimes during work. So I have to switch from work collection to private to be able to see it. When I want to use a collection based on what I am doing I have to create duplicates in more than one Vault. Which causes issues when updating entries. The only alternative is using tags and search what I was doing in the past. Since I switched to V8 on my Phone I had a look into collections but it doesn't fully work out, due its limitations. And in my opinion it would improve the quality of usage.

It is the old labels/tags versus folders discussion. As soon as there are partial overlappings this creates duplicates. I guess best example are emails some belong to this but also to this, so add both tags and put it to archive. With folders you have to decide or duplicate.

BR Tabaluga

• @Tabaluga

Thank you for providing more details! I can definitely see what you mean and I've passed along your feedback and request to our product team so that they can look into improving collections, vaults, and tags in the future.

-Dave

ref: PB-31751035

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member

Thank you @Dave_1P

One important point, when I think of it a little longer would be that the same tag within different vaults should be treated the same. So for example you have a Car Tag and there you might need the Credit card from your personal vault, the insurance note that is in a shared vault with the partner inside the family account and maybe a note with some information that is in the work vault which might also be from a different account like a company team account. Just, if that is done, it should be mentioned. 😄

BR Tabaluga

This discussion has been closed.