Have a setup our Family account wrong?

I installed 1Password 8 for Mac on my wife's MacBook Pro. The app works fine but I have noticed a problem with the Browser extension which has got me to thinking I've configured something wrong.

We have the Family Subscription which I set up and then invited my wife and kids. Each person has their Private and Shared vaults. Seemingly all good.

When I installed the 1Password extension for Safari, on my wife's MBP, it will not unlock. I have made sure both app and extension have "Integrate" switched to on but the browser stays locked.

I read a few other posts where it's recommended to disabled integration, closing app and browser/extension, then reopen and reintegrate.

What I discovered was the password to open the desktop app is my wife's 1Password pwd but the password to unlock the browser is MINE!

How is this possible? I logged into 1Password.ca with her account, downloaded the app from there, as well as the extension. How does my account come into play?

Have I configured 1P wrong?

To make matters weirder, this doesn't happen if I use Chrome or Firefox.

Help ... please

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.3 and 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @Carbon14 ,

Can you let me know if you're seeing your account in the 1Password extension settings under "Accounts & Vaults"? Here's how to check:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings".
    3. On the left sidebar, select Accounts & Vaults.

If you're seeing your account there, can you try removing it and signing in to your wife's account using the following steps while on that page:

1. Scroll up to the General section, then disable the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting.
    2. Under the Accounts & Vaults section, click the kebab menu ( ⋮ ) to sign out of your account.
    3. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" and sign in to your wife's account.
    4. Back in the 1Password extension's settings page, under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how things come along.

• Carbon14
    Carbon14
    Community Member

You're a genius! Fixed!!

Great and clear instructions. I have no idea how that happened but it's good to know how the vaults can be added/subtracted from the extension.

Thanks so much @david.m_1P Have a great St. Paddy's day! Have one on me.

• On behalf of David, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.