If I update a Password in 1 vault is it updated in other locations?

emerson7
emerson7
Community Member

If I update a Password in 1 vault is it updated in other locations? For example, in a Shared Vault if I update the info will it update in another Vault where it appears? Also in the "All Items" if a login appears say in 3 Vaults does it appear 3 times in the "All Items" list? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If I update a Password in 1 vault is it updated in other locations?

Comments

• @emerson7

You should only have one copy in one vault. Multiple copies will not be updated across vaults. Ideally the item would live in one vault likely the shared in your instance. Yes, a duplicate item would appear twice in the all items view.

You might wish to look at collections if it helps keep a more logical view to your items with lots of vaults. Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• emerson7
    emerson7
    Community Member

I am starting to understand the protocol better. If I have 1 copy in 1 vault but the login also appears in a Shared Vault so it appears in two vaults if the PW is updated in 1 Vault will it be updated in the other vault automatically? I am trying to understand where I should be working when I add or update a PW, I am thinking it should be in a Vault, I was getting in trouble because I was working in "All Items" and was getting new and old PW's on the system. Thanks

• if the PW is updated in 1 Vault will it be updated in the other vault automatically?

No. Ideally the item would live in one vault. This facilities updates from any an all members of the share.

This discussion has been closed.