Autofill stops working on Safari tab

mirv
mirv
Community Member

Hi. I'm using the nightly Mac betas, and over the last few weeks I've noticed that autofill doesn't work on Safari sometimes. What happens is: you get the inline pull down menu of logins and you click on one but nothing happens. Trying another method by using the 1Password toolbar icon and clicking "Autofill" does not work either. There are two workarounds that I've found - one is to do cmd-\ and that makes it fill, or to open a new Safari tab, go to the same website and then autofill usually works. Or of course copying and pasting from the 1Password app works.

Let me know if there is any info that I can provide for debugging next time it happens.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3 Beta (22E5236f)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @mirv,

I'm sorry for the trouble you have had filling with 1Password for Safari, the behaviour you are describing does sound strange in that it will work if you open a new Safari tab. Can you let me know when you try it the first time is this website set to open when you initially open Safari or are you manually going to the website?

In addition, can you try these steps and let me know if it improves things?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

Let me know how you get on!

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. The problem seems to be intermittent, in fact I can't really tie it to an individual tab. It hasn't happened in the last few days. Next time it happens I'll try this suggestion and see what happens...

• Sounds good @mirv We'll be here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.