Cannot Sign on Using my IOS iPhone

Kevinaom
Kevinaom
Community Member

I sign on perfectly on line. I use the QR Code to set up my iphone so I know the secret key is right. I then type in my password and I use "reveal" so I know it is right and yet the iphone app cannot sign me in. I do the same thing on line and it works fine. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: Can't log on so cannot find
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ App

Comments

• Kevinaom
    Kevinaom
    Community Member

I am confident it has something to do with the APP. I just used Safari on the iphone and signed on on Safari on the phone with no problem. Looking forward to some assistance.

• @Kevinaom

Let's take a look under the hood. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device. Also, please indicate if you have any VPN's in use or if this happens on one specific network or if you change networks does it occur there too.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Kevinaom
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138879/cannot-sign-on-using-my-ios-iphone#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Kevinaom
    Kevinaom
    Community Member

It asks me to enter my password and it won’t take it? Are you asking me to open the app or sign on from a website. When I open the app, it won’t allow me to do what you are saying. I do have a VPN but I am disconnected.

• @Kevinaom

Sorry for not being clearer. I was thinking you might have been able to sign in (with the VPN off) and the report would have helped to determine why it failed to begin with. Since you cannot access 1Password at all, let's get you over to my colleagues in email support. Also, thanks for letting me know the VPN is off, that helps. Please email us using the instructions above to reach out to my colleagues. When you do, so can you include a screenshot of the app? That may help us determine which version is in use.

If you'd like to try a reinstall that might get you going. Here's how. * Make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your 🚒 Emergency Kit along with your password.

Double-check that all data is present on 1Password.com. If you've been offline and you've made changes you could lose data if it is not on 1Password.com. This would include updates to items you've made.

• Delete 1Password 8 and then reinstall it. You would need to reconfigure your settings.

• Note: One thing thats affects folks moving from 1Password 7 and earlier, or folks that used another password manger is to check the correct password is being typed. I'm guilt of typing a recently changed password myself. That might be worth double-checking. Sometimes you're on auto pilot and totally mis that.

This discussion has been closed.