I must uninstall and reinstall extension constantly; to try to help?? I just installed Beta version

MaryC
MaryC
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

8.8.0 just a guess, as the Help link (How to find 1Password version? below) does not show the options I have! This is an ongoing issue with many of the so-called help features of 1Password.

Beta extension = 2.8.1 (now installed in desperation)

Windows 11, version 22H2; 22621.1265

Chrome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension does not work

Comments

• Hello @MaryC,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the troubles you've been experiencing with the extension.

You also mentioned:

8.8.0 just a guess, as the Help link (How to find 1Password version? below) does not show the options I have!

1Password 8 is the latest version. It sounds like the help link you were referring to is, How to keep 1Password up to date. This link refers to the 1Password 8 desktop app and provides an example screen shoot about the where the version number is found. The latest Production version is 8.10.3 (81003012). You can follow that guide to ensure that you are up-to-date per the image below:

If you are not seeing this or do not have 1Password 8 for Windows, the desktop app installed you can find it here, on our downloads page.

Further to your message, you mentioned you must uninstall and reinstall extension constantly and that you just installed Beta version. Could you let us know some more details about what troubles you are experiencing? Is the Beta version helping with those troubles?

Looking forward to your reply.

• MaryC
    MaryC
    Community Member

Hi ag_mike_d,
    Tx for trying to help. I've been thru the wringer with the Help folks - too many to count - and all of them saying something different, days apart from each other. Sometimes the non-Beta extension works, sometimes not. No rhyme nor reason. Just frustration.

[FYI, The Beta did not work but for a day.]

I cannot get my screenshot of my Settings page to load to this forum, so I have to tell you what my version # is: 2.8.1 !!

I was told to disable my desktop app (cannot show this to you either!). This setting is now grayed out: "integrate with 1Password app"

That's where I stand. I now have a very LOW expectation whenever I use 1 Password. I use it just to hold my info so that I, myself, can copy and paste it where it needs to go.

Blessings,
    Mary

• Thanks for getting back to me, @MaryC.

The version number 2.8.1 is defiantly referring to 1Password in the browser, where as my screenshot above refers to the 1Password 8 desktop app, different from the browser extension.

I was told to disable my desktop app (cannot show this to you either!). This setting is now grayed out: "integrate with 1Password app"

Could you confirm that the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app is indeed installed on your device? If it is not, you can follow this guide to download it and sign in, once installed - Get the 1Password apps. Does the "integrate with 1Password app" option then appear again?

With regard to the 1Password in the browser, could let us know specifically where the troubles are occurring? For example, are you not seeing the 1Password icon in the browser tool bar or in fields on webpages used to fill your account credentials?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• MaryC
    MaryC
    Community Member

Hi ag_mike_d,

Thanks for not giving up on me! Despite what you think I should do with INSTALLING the 1Password 8 desktop app, I was told to UNINSTALL such by Lydia H., Customer Support @ 1Password:

"I apologise for the ongoing trouble you are having with autofill!
    I can see that you are not using the 1Password app. Thus, can you first disable app integration in the browser extension?

Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    Once you have done this, can you navigate to our test website and check to see if you are able to save and fill a login (as seen in the video attached to this email)?
    Test website: https://fill.dev/form/login-simple
    If the issue persists, I'd like you to replicate the issue and send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:
    Kind regards,

Lydia H.
    Customer Support @ 1Password
    https://support.1password.com/"

Therefore, I am reluctant to go back & forth installing/uninstalling/installing -- the trouble started when the desktop app WAS installed. Now, with it uninstalled, occasionally the extension functions. Some small vistory is better than nothing.

Best regards,
    Mary

• SteveBrown
    SteveBrown
    Community Member

The only way I can get new logins to show up in my Chrome extension is to uninstall and reinstall the extension. Surely there's a better way. I'm in the middle of switching from Lastpass to 1Password so I am constantly adding new logins. I don't want to import from Lastpass. I want to start with a clean slate on 1Password. How do I get a new login to show up in my Chrome Extension???

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MaryC! I was able to locate the ticket that you referenced. I do see that we've sent you a message and are waiting to hear back. Let's keep the discussion in the email ticket so that there's no confusion or back and forth. We look forward to hearing from you via email.

ref: AJA-47535-342

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @SteveBrown, sorry to hear about the trouble. To better understand what's happening, I'd like to ask a few questions:

• What steps do you take to add new logins?
    • Do you get any error messages such as "unable to save item"?
    • Do you have any other extensions installed in Chrome?
    • After adding a new login, does it show up in your account at my.1password.com?
    • Do you use the 1Password desktop app on your computer?
    • Do you have 2fa enabled for your 1Password account?

Once we get the details above, we'll be able to help further. Talk to you again soon!

• SteveBrown
    SteveBrown
    Community Member

I'm not at all clear as to what solved my problem, but everything seems to be working as designed. I did not have the 1Password desktop app installed before I reported this problem. I did not see the need for the desktop app. I depend on the chrome extension for 1Password. The problem may have gone away when I installed the desktop app. Just not sure. All is well currently.

• Hi @SteveBrown,

Thank you for the update, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.