Search feature failure in MacOS App

Options
dcblack56
dcblack56
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Lounge

I have discovered that if I search for a password in the 1Password app (Apple Silicon), I get varied results. Sometimes it finds items and others not. It is unclear why.

Why would I search for a password itself you might ask? Because there are a few systems I have access to that cannot have 1Password on them; however, to avoid forgetfulness I put them in 1Password so that I can reference them when needed via my laptop or phone. Often I memorize these passwords (cryptic though they are). Recently I used memory for a password but something was off. I decided to search for a part of the password that I knew was correct. It failed per above... By remembering the category title I was able to recover; however, I wonder why the behavior of 1PW is as indicated above.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @dcblack56

It sounds like you're bumping up against a know bug that the team is looking to resolve. I've had others mention this happens when special characters are used in the search string. Those would most likely be present in your password. I'll get your report added to the tracker. My apologies for the trouble.

ref: dev/core/core#17472

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member
    Options

A '$' is present.

• Thanks dcblack56 I gotten you added to to that tracker.

This discussion has been closed.