OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why can't I find a download for version eight

Comments

• markatmjf
    markatmjf
    Community Member
    Options

1 password version :7.9.9 not sure if I am using extension or not, OS version: Ventura 13.2.1 Browser either Safari or Google Chrome

• markatmjf
    markatmjf
    Community Member
    Options

Old guy, not very computer literate

• @markatmjf

This should help. :) If you find that you have more questions see free to ask. You mentioned Safari. You'll want to install 1Password in Safari on your Mac for use with 1Password 8. Please open it at least once and follow the directions being sure to allow it access to all sites. We need that permission to perform the following on your behalf. I prefer to do this after I have the desktop version installed.

• The ability to scan (read) the page HTML to determine if it’s fillable. This also tells us where/when to inject the inline menu.

• The ability to autofill (write) to the site. While performing an autofill, it effectively changes the HTML. When you submit the autofill, it will allow you to authenticate it properly.

There is no need to add 1Password for Safari to your login items or Dock. It only needs to be opened once for the initial configuration. From then on it can live silently in your Applications folder.

1Password 8 for Mac - direct link = https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password.zip

--

You may already be using 1Password in the browser with Chrome. If not, you can find it here. Best Password Manager - 1Password in the browser

This discussion has been closed.