Remove one version of password on Mac, disable password on start up.

Options
rrgorospe
rrgorospe
Community Member

I had a lot of confusion installing and setting up Password. I currently show two versions on my MacBook, Password for safari and password 7. I would like to delete both versions and start over again. I am running Ventura 13.2.1 I need instructions for using password on my iPhone and iPad.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I need to remove one version of the two I have on my macBook

Comments

• @rrgorospe

1Password for Safari would need to be present if you use Safari. You indicated you are now using 1Password 8. Is that correct? If so, you should see "1Password" "1Password 7" and "1Password for Safari" in your applications folder. Can you clarify which version of the desktop app you have installed? Do you have 1Password 8 the desktop app installed?

• rrgorospe
    rrgorospe
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I have in my application folder: 1Password 7 4.18.39 PM.app.zip
    1Password 7.app.zip
    1Password for Safari.app
    1Password.app
    Not sure what version I have on desktop. I have 1Password for safari in extensions.

• Thanks @rrgorospe

You can trash the 1Password 7.app.zip file. The other two should remain. 1Password.app is the desktop application. 1Password for Safari is equal to the browser extension. You'll need it if you use the Safari browser. If you use another browser you would not need it. But you can leave it there for future use too.

Perhaps there is some detail I am missing on wanting to start over. Can you tell me more? I want to make sure I am giving you the correct instructions. If it's something more private in nature and you'd rather not share it here in the community forum, you can email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

To check the version number from the Applications folder, click 1Password once to select it. Press the spacebar and a pop-up will appear with details. Press the spacebar again to dismiss the pop-up.

This discussion has been closed.