Can a family member delete their individual account?

Options
rkostin
rkostin
Community Member

I have a family account. My wife created her own 1password account. Then I sent the family invite. She accepted it and now she has two accounts. Can she delete her own 1password account. There's nothing in it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can a family member delete their individual account?

Comments

• @rkostin

Yes, she can. Caution! Be sure to delete the correct account. How to delete your 1Password account

• rkostin
    rkostin
    Community Member
    Options

The instructions at How to delete your 1Password do not seem to work. It says, "Click Permanently Delete Account at the bottom of the page" ...but that doesn't seem to exist when my wife is logged-in to her individual account. Any thoughts on that?

• @rkostin

It should be at the very bottom of her profile page, below all of her linked devices. Here is what I see when logged into my individual account on 1Password.com. If you're not seeing that I would recommend reaching out to my colleagues on the membership team. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• rkostin
    rkostin
    Community Member
    Options

Interestingly as the Family Organizer, on my Profile page the "Danger Zone" with the delete button doesn't exist there either. However, on the right-side of the Profile Page, under "Home", I have a Settings link. When I click that link and go to the Settings page, there I see a "Permanently Delete..." button. Meanwhile, on my wife's Profile page, she does not have a link to to the Settings page.

Anyway, I'll reach out to support+forum. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.