Pass not showing above keyboard since last update

morpheoush
morpheoush
Community Member

Since the last android app update 1password no longer shows any pass options over the keyboard. It just says open 1password. I then have to click, open up the app search for which one i want and fill it. It's 10x more laborious than 2 weeks ago. Is this just me or are other folks seeing this too?

Comments

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Can it really just be us? I'm surprised no one else is saying it and 1password hasn't acknowledged it yet.

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

Found these instructions from ag_timothy

Worked for me to fix the issue:

Hi @DrSuSE, thanks for writing in!

We've seen some reports of similar behavior with the recent update to 8.10.1 though it hasn't been specific to Edge. I'd like to ask you to reset Autofill suggestions then check for a change in behavior:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Show filling suggestions off.
    5. Tap Show filling suggestions on.

Let us know how that goes!

• Chippy_boy
    Chippy_boy
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Same issue here, unfortunately. Tried the tip above and it did not work :-(

So all I get above the keyboard now is a 1password button, but no login suggestions. I have several sites I visit which have mutliple logins, so it was quite useful to be able to click the one I want with one click, rather than having to go into 1password first.

Don't know why this feature has disappeared?

This is on Android 13 and Chrome (latest version) but I have also just tried Edge and it's exactly the same.

EDIT: Just tried the fix again, and for some reason, this time it DID fix it. Thanks!!!

• @Chippy_boy

Sounds good. If you have any other troubles please let us know. Enjoy the weekend!

• eseinbinder
    eseinbinder
    Community Member

was having the same issue on Pixel 6a running Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3, so i tried the fix and voila! it works now. thanks @ag_timothy and @passwordsbeegone

• Thanks for writing in @eseinbinder! I'm glad to hear these steps helped you.

• RobMendez
    RobMendez
    Community Member

I also had to do this procedure twice before it started working again. Thanks @ag_timothy @passwordsbeegone !

• Thanks @RobMendez, I'm glad to hear it's working again for you!

• jpalo
    jpalo
    Community Member

I've struggled with this for few months, starting since some beta version, and support told me issue only occurs on the beta. So I waited many beta version updates for the issue to get fixed, but it never did. Eventually I left the beta as the issue was rather annoying only to find it didn't work on the non-beta version either. This simple toggle trick fixed it - at least for now. Bit dissapointed support didn't offer this workaround :(

• ag_timothy
    edited April 2023

Hi @jpalo, thanks for writing in. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience getting these issues resolved.

Just to clarify, the issue people are mentioning here specifically relates to a change that was introduced with the February 23rd 2023 beta release and the March 7th 2023 production release of 1Password for Android. These releases addressed, among other things, an Autofill issue where the number strip on the keyboard could block the suggestion strip.

For some users, this update caused filling suggestions to not appear, only the "Open 1Password" prompt. Resetting, filling suggestions resolves the secondary issue that emerged from the update. As you mentioned this has been going on for some months, I suspect there was an unrelated issue that resetting filling suggestions may not have helped with.

Apologies again that you were encountering an issue with 1Password for some time. If there's anything else we can help with, just let me know!

• arip
    arip
    Community Member

The fix steps above didn't work for me, but uninstalling & reinstalling the 1Password Android app did fix the issue for me. I had also not been getting OTP notifications, but reinstalling also fixed that for me.

• Hi @arip, thanks for writing in and letting us know that reinstalling has helped with the issue you encountered. If there's anything we can assist with, just let me know!

This discussion has been closed.