Safari Extension and 1PW will not sync.

Options
mlangfur
mlangfur
Community Member

I keep setting and resetting 1Password and the Safari Extension to not lock. Safari Extension locks whenever I close the program.

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.3
Referrer: forum-search:Secret Key is correct but not recognized. Safari Extension keeps locking. Saving changes erratic.

Comments

• Hello @mlangfur! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password for Safari. I see that you've also sent in an email and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. Please try not to send any more replies before you hear back from us as that might delay a response. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

ref: QWL-44712-682

• erik43
    erik43
    Community Member
    Options

I too am having problem with 1Password and the Safari Extension on my Mac syncing and, essentially, working on Safari. I have noticed a couple of things that may help in diagnosing and resolving the problem. Whenever i clear ALL the history from (cache and cookies) from Safari (which I do frequently... daily+) that seems to be when the 1PW extension will not work. When I click on the 1PW icon in my Safari toolbar I get the large pop-up box saying 'Open 1Password', but either it shows 'syncing' and/or simply won't open 1Password. The way to fix it is to a) delete all history, b) untick the Safari extension in Safari Preferences, c) shutdown Safari, d) restart Safari and tick the 1Password extension in Preferences. This brings up a window showing, essentially, a install or activation of 1Password and I click on "I'm all set". `After that 1Password works... unless and until I clear all my history again!

Hope that helps. I'd like to hear when a fix or workaround has been identified.

Cheers, Erik

• @erik43

The issue you describe and the solution are a known situation due to clearing the browsing history. It is specific to the Safari browser. Apologies for the trouble. We hope this is something we can resolve with some help from our friends at Apple.

• erik43
    erik43
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tommy. I look forward to a solution appearing soon. I use a VPN frequently and clear my history every time I switch VPN server countries... which is virtually daily+, so this issue is a real pain for me with 1Password.

• You're welcome.

• erik43
    erik43
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if you've changed anything, but I am now getting a new 'reaction' in loading the extension after I clear history on Safari. See the attached screen shot that says my account is suspended! If I am already logged into the 1Password main app or if I then log into the main app and click again on the toolbar 1Password icon, it immediately logs on and syncs in Safari. Strange!

• erik43
    erik43
    Community Member
    Options

• Hey @erik43,

Can you check which version of 1Password for Safari you have installed and if there are any updates available?

This is an issue we briefly ran into but have since published a fix.

Apologies for the disruption!

This discussion has been closed.