1password 7 with google chrome extansion on iMac BigSur

automatic user/password transfers in google chrome browser no longer works.
Need urgent help! Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 with google chrome extansion on iMac BigSur - automatic user/password transfers in google chrome browser no longer works. Need urgent help! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hey @nikdrak,

Can you paste chrome://extensions followed by the enter key into your browser address bar and let me know which version of 1Password in your browser you have installed?

• nikdrak
    nikdrak
    Community Member

Version 2.8.1 - this version has so far always run clean in google browser...

• Thank you for getting back to me @nikdrak.

Can you try the below steps to see if we can get things back on track?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

In addition, I would recommend updating your 1Password app to 1Password 8 so you can enjoy all of our new features and fixes.

Let us know how you get on!

• nikdrak
    nikdrak
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Unfortunately still does not work. When "automatically apply" or "double-click" in 1Passwort still opens a new tab in Chrome with the corresponding link. Data must be taken over manually with cut&paste...

Version 8 I do not want for security reasons. I still want to save only offline my sensitive data and attachments. I would be very happy about an offline upgrade. And that is also "worth money" to me!

Such a great product - the best tool on my Mac!

• Hi @nikdrak,

The current 1Password in the browser won't access your local vaults and only works with membership users.

However, the 1Password classic extension is at the end of its supporting cycle and you can find more details on: The 1Password classic extension will stop working soon

I understand your decision to use the standalone version of 1Password. However, I'd strongly recommend our membership version, and I'd think this is the best way for your online security. In addition, we can see if you qualify for our upgrade discounts and promotions.

Let me know what you think. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

This discussion has been closed.