Extension and App lock sync

Options
cskjetne
cskjetne
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

So on my iPad and iPhone I have the 1P app and extension for safari. But the experience is just a mess - my keyboard will always have the login handy (via password management + 1P), but the extension is just hella annoying.

Why can you not allow same unlocking logic on iOS as you do on macos? If the 1password app is ulocked, the extension is.

I’ve already set my 1P app security accordingly, but again I keep having to manually unlock the hecking extension way more than i should - worse it doesn’t even support faceID.

Please what is the reason you are dying on this hill and giving us a worse experience on iOS?

Comments

• Hello @cskjetne! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration. On macOS, our developers have created an integration feature called "Shared Lock State" that allows the 1Password app to communicate with 1Password in the browser. I'm not a developer myself but my understanding is that on iOS we're unable to build the same sort of integration between the app and the browser extension because of how iOS sandboxes apps as well as limitations in the APIs available to us in both iOS and Safari.

I keep having to manually unlock the hecking extension way more than i should - worse it doesn’t even support faceID.

1Password for Safari should definitely support Face ID as long as you're using iOS 16.1 or later. Can you tell me which version of 1Password and which version of iOS you're using on your device?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.