Extension not working with latest Firefox update

calicyclist
calicyclist
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

After updating to Firefox v111.0 on Mac the extension no longer works when I click on the icon in the password field. Have to manually copy and paste everything in. Works fine in Windows with the same version.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Firefox v111.0

Comments

• @calicyclist

It sounds like there is a disconnect between the two (1Password and 1Password in the browser). Try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
  • calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

Tried all this and same result. Not connected properly.

• Hey @calicyclist,

I'm sorry for the trouble, I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

[#QVB-92467-679]

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @calicyclist, I've located your ticket. One of our team members will be with you as soon as they can!

ref: QVB-92467-679

• cmeury
    cmeury
    Community Member

Ran into exactly the same issue. Sent the log. Ticket number: [#KHY-82478-679]

• @cmeury

Your log is here. I appreciate you sending it. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: KHY-82478-679

• ProfMark
    ProfMark
    Community Member

Same issue with 1PWD8 and FF 112. Here is the ticket, but I have not had follow-up.#FQV-89877-113

I am registered, and paid, but have no response.

• @ProfMark

Someone will be with you as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay.

• ProfMark
    ProfMark
    Community Member

Thank you very much.

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.