Firefox extension won't connect to 1Password app on Linux

ADF
ADF
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Linux

My setup:

1Password desktop app, installed from deb package
Firefox browser, installed from deb package

The browser extension won't connect to the desktop app. In particular, it doesn't unlock when the desktop app is unlocked.

I do have the native-messaging-hosts file installed.

I get the following messages from extension debug console:

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: KDE Neon
Browser:_ Firefox 110

Comments

• Hi @ADF,

Is 1Password in your browser fully up-to-date? There was recently an update for version 2.8.1.

If you're fully up to date, can you let us know what happens when you initially open Firefox and click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar? Does a blank tab open up?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• ADF
    ADF
    Community Member

Is 1Password in your browser fully up-to-date? There was recently an update for version 2.8.1.

I am using version 2.8.1 now and still get the error (same messages in the console).

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ADF, I'd like you to send over a diagnostics report, so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:

Make sure to attach that to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• ADF
    ADF
    Community Member

I've sent the diagnostics information. Support ID is [#QZM-67416-548]

Note that the diagnostics file contains many error messages related to firefox-developer-edition. This is another Firefox installation that I have. My request is not about it, though. My main concern is the main Firefox instance which is installed from a deb package.

• Hi @ADF,

Thanks for letting us know. I've sent out a reply asking for a few more details. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

ref: QZM-67416-548

This discussion has been closed.