Enable AutoFill *and* Safari extension?

Options
dmitch77
dmitch77
Community Member

With 1PW8 on iPadOS 16.3.1, what is the benefit of enabling both AutoFill (Settings > Passwords > Password Options > AutoFill Passwords) and 1PW as a Safari extension? When I have both enabled, the UI prompts for filling in a name/password on a website are confusing - one little box right near the username field which comes from the extension, and a larger grey box that asks "Log in to XXX using a password from 1Password?" The latter one doesn't appear when I turn off AutoFill (Settings > Passwords > Password Options > AutoFill Passwords). The former, the little box near the username files, works better. So...why have AutoFill enabled?

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.3.5
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dmitch77! 👋

I can definitely see how the situation could be confusing. If you're using Safari on your iPad then I recommend that you continue to use our 1Password for Safari extension. 1Password for Safari features greatly improved filling capabilities and offers an experience that is similar to what you're already used to with 1Password for the browser on the desktop.

However, you should still keep Password AutoFill enabled so that you can fill usernames and logins into other iOS apps. The 1Password browser extension only works in Safari, for other browsers and apps you'll need to use Password AutoFill.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• dmitch77
    dmitch77
    Community Member
    Options

Makes perfect sense. Thanks!

• It's my pleasure. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.