Inconsistent Password Assessment

Options
iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

Hi, Whilst looking for a solution I found this old thread https://1password.community/discussion/comment/444506#Comment_444506

It is not a huge issue but I happened to have accidentally created to items for the same login and could not help but notice that for one the password is 'good' and the other it is 'weak'.

This leads to question the validity of the assessment and how do I know which ones to trust?

The thread I found is from 2018 and suggests it is a known issue to be addressed.

Has anyone else noticed this issue recently?

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Inconsistent Password Assessment

Comments

• Hello @iwaddo! πŸ‘‹

Can you tell me a little more about the issue? Specifically:

1. How did you create the two items? Using 1Password 8 for Mac? Using 1Password in the browser?
    2. Did you generate the password using 1Password or did you create a password yourself?
    3. How was the duplicate item created?
    4. Do both items have the same exact password?

I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

Hi

1. Sorry, I do not know. I suspect that at some time 1P has prompted me to save in 1P and I've said yes to create new and not updated.
    2. The password is one I've created myself.
    3. See 1, not sure to be honest
    4. Yes

To add, one was created 16Nov2019 and modified 20Mar2023 and the other created 24Nov2022 and modified 24Nov2022. This latter one was archived, I have just unarchived it and the password is 'Good', the other with the same password is 'Fantastic'. The password is a special character + words of 6 letters, 3 letters & 4 letters each with a capital letter + two numbers + a special character.

Not sure if it matters but the one reported as Fantastic also has a OTP enabled.

Thank you for your support.

Rewards

• @iwaddo

Thank you for the reply. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can investigate further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

BitBot has allocated [#TYL-87683-151] to my ticket :-)

As I mentioned right at the start, this is not an issue effecting my use of 1P just something I noticed so thought you'd like to know but please do let me know if I provide any further support to help you understand what is going on.

Regards

• @iwaddo

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: TYL-87683-151

This discussion has been closed.