1Password emails

Options
ScottS1P
edited March 2023 in Business and Teams
This discussion was created from comments split from: I was told today that that 1PAssword was hacked. is that true?.

Comments

• LLC333
    LLC333
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi, I keep receiving emails from someone who I believe is a scam posing as a 1Password employee. One ask if I would join, I've used 1Password since #4

[Screenshot redacted by 1Password Support. -ScottS]

• Hello @LLC333,

Thanks for reaching out to ask about this. I've reached out to our sales team to confirm if the email is legitimate or not, and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

In the mean time, I've removed your screenshot (and saved it internally), to help ensure that any information isn't shared in a way it shouldn't be.

Thank you,

• Hey again @LLC333,

I've just had a chance to speak with Emma and can confirm that the email is legitimate. Emma is one of our sales development representatives and it's safe to reply if you have any questions.

Since our community forum is a public space, I'll speak hypothetically and say that if you're 1Password account isn't new and/or isn't in a trial status, an error on our end may have resulted in you being on the list of customers to reach out too.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

• LLC333
    LLC333
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Scott, I will answer Emma. I wasn't sure & I appreciate you checking

• ScottS1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

It was my pleasure to help, @LLC333

This discussion has been closed.