Remove Account From "Sign in to Another Account"

adammcnamara
adammcnamara
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Business and Teams

Hi folks,

When setting up a business account, I created two user accounts. I no longer have access to the first.

This is wreaking havoc on 1Password.
1. The account cannot be removed from Mac > Accounts > Sign in to Another Account.
2. 1Password for Safari shows the business as "Locked" because only detects the first user account and not the second.

Can anyone figure out how to remove the account I no longer have access to from 1Password entirely?
I've:
1. Searched the UI for a way to do this.
2. Removed and reinstalled the apps (including deleting all plists)
3. Removed cookies and saved data in my browser.

Thanks,
Adam

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: MacOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello Adam / @adammcnamara,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble removing an account from the 1Password app. You can typically do this by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app. If no other account is signed in and you can't unlock 1Password, pause here and let me know so I can send different directions.
    2. Click the account selector in the top left corner. It may say "All accounts", the name of an account you have signed in, or the name of a collection you created.
    3. Click Manage accounts
    4. If 3 vertical dots appear next to an account, click them and choose "Sign out." If no such dots appear, click on the account, select "Your details" and then click the menu button (3 horizontal dots) in the top right and choose "Sign out" from that drop down menu.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.