Deleting shared item

Options
m5731
m5731
Community Member

What happens if I delete a shared item? Will any sharing links also be deleted or will they stay alive?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @m5731! 👋

When you share an item using a secure share link, you share a copy of the item and not the original item itself. You can read more here: About the security of sharing items using a unique link

Deleting or editing the original item won't affect the shared copy.

To stop sharing an item you can revoke the link: Securely share 1Password items with anyone

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• m5731
    m5731
    Community Member
    Options

So if I want to revoke a shared link from a deleted item I would need to undelete it first? Or is there another way to get to the option to revoke sharing links?

• m5731
    m5731
    Community Member
    Options

Just for anyone who stumbles over this. I tried it out and observed the following:

• To remove a link from a deleted item one needs to recover it first, then the link can be removed.
    • If a link is moved from one vault to another one, in fact a copy is made in the other vault and the original item deleted. Hence, to remove sharing links one has to again recover the original item.
  • @m5731

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. You'll indeed need to restore the deleted item in order to revoke the secure share link. To restore a deleted item, click Recently Deleted in the sidebar, then right-click the item and choose Restore Item.

-Dave

• m5731
    m5731
    Community Member
    Options

• Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.