How can I save a Citrix login with two password fields (password and security token)?

Hi Community,

I have read all the previous posts on this topic and no solution works.
I have tried all the variants. Also create a new entry with an additional custom password field: passwd1
It always fills only the first password field (default).

I am looking forward to any help - thank you

Here the excerpt from the source code of the Citrix login window ...

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Firefox and Safari
Referrer: forum-search:citrix

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @luminatore, 1Password has a hard time filling multiple password fields when they're on the same form. We do have an issue opened with our devs to make improvements on this. I've added your post here to that issue. Hopefully this is something we'll support better in the future.

It's hard to come up with a workaround (or see if it's even possible) without looking at the form. However, I've done some testing in the past and recommend that you edit the login with the following steps to see if it will fill:

1. Remove the password from the main Password field.
    2. Add a new password field to the item.
    3. Label it "passwd" and put in your password.
    4. Add another password field to the item.
    5. Label it "passwd1" and put in your pin.
    6. Save your edits.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/core/core#1439

• luminatore
    luminatore
    Community Member

Hey Joy_1P,

thanks for the work-a-round, that works ... I had tried some variants, but I had not come up with this one ;-)

Many greetings

• @luminatore,

On behalf of Joy, you are most welcome!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• alpha1342
    alpha1342
    Community Member

@steph.giles this works great also for me. Is there a way to have the cursor stay in a field after the input?

Looking like this here: *****| <-- | representing the cursor blinking and waiting for keyboard input?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @alpha1342 the cursor should stay in the password field after both the username and password values are filled. Are you seeing something different? Did you want that behavior in the username field instead?

• alpha1342
    alpha1342
    Community Member

hi @Joy_1P , indeed. There is a checkbox after the first 3 fields and the cursor is there (possibly because the checkbox is checked). I cannot see how I can change this behaviour...

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2023

@alpha1342 there isn't a way to change the behavior, as the cursor should always stay in the password field after filling with 1Password. That said, there may be workarounds. To clarify, do you want the cursor in the username field? Is it just for a particular login form? If so, what is the URL for it?

This discussion has been closed.