1password extension won't load in Brave browser

My 1password Brave extension was working fine and now it's not.
The icon that I have pinned to the brave browser bar doesn't even show the lock, and when i click it, it won't load anything!

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:1password extension won't load in Brave browser

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @maia, sorry to hear about the issues with 1Password in Brave. Let's try resetting the connection between the extension and app, as doing so is generally helpful:

1. Open your browser as you usually do.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    3. Under General, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting.
    4. Close your browser completely by right clicking its icon in the macOS Dock and selecting 'Quit'.
    5. Open the 1Password app, left click '1Password' in the top left corner and select ‘Settings’.
    6. Ensure the following settings are turned on:
      • Under the General section ensure 'Keep 1Password in the menu bar' is checked.
      • Under the Browser section ensure 'Connect with 1Password in the browser' is checked.
    7. Right click the 1Password app icon in the macOS menu bar (top right corner near the clock) and select 'Quit'.
    8. Re-open the 1Password app and unlock it.
    9. Open your browser once again, sign into 1Password as before, and turn on "Integrate with 1Password app."
    10. Test using 1Password again.

If that doesn't help, then I'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is your browser up to date? How to update Brave: https://community.brave.com/t/how-to-update-brave/384780
    • Are both the 1Password app and Brave installed in the /Applications folder on your Mac?
    • Does the issue occur if you create a new profile in Brave and install only 1Password in it?
    • Do you use an anti-virus or anti-malware program on your computer?
    • Do you use a proxy or VPN?

Let us know how things go. We hope to hear from you again soon.

This discussion has been closed.