Items not in sync, slow to sync, between 1Password and 1Password for Safari

Options
iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

If I update an item in the 1Password app on my Mac how quickly should I expect the 1Password for Safari extension on the same Mac to be aware and able to use the update I've just made?

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.3

Comments

• Hi @iwaddo,

If you update an item, it should sync almost instantly as the long as the internet connection is stable. If you restart your Safari browser do you find that it's still slow to sync if you create a test item?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@david.m_1P

Hi, After some testing I'd say that most of the time the sync is quick if not instant though my testing did occasionally highlight a several second delay.

The initial issue that prompted me to ask just did not sync for ages, in fact I think I quit the browser in the end as I got fed up of waiting.

Given there are so many different bits of string and wires required I guess occasional delays are inevitable.

Do both the app and the browser extension only talk to the 1P servers, is anything cached locally? I assume 1P monitor server load and performance constantly so would be aware of any significant issues.

Given that it is most near instant I think this is one to keep an eye on and raise should it happen again, especially as no one else as indicated they have seen a similar issue.

Thank you for your support.

• @iwaddo

Yes, the apps have a local cache for times when you're offline or unable to sync. When you come back online the items will sync. Indeed, the team monitors the servers all the time. You might also be interested in ⚡️ 1Password status page

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thank you. So if my device is online the sync between the app and the browser extension is always via the cloud?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iwaddo that is correct.

This discussion has been closed.