Why does 1PW extension conceal passwords?

Options

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but it's been awhile.... I can't begin to express how annoying it is to constantly have to hit "reveal" to see a PW in the browser extension. Since I've already logged into my computer, and into the 1PW extension, why isn't there a setting available (as there is in the 1PW app) to "Always show passwords and full credit card numbers"?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Mac OS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Firefox 111.0
Referrer: forum-search:1Password extension

Comments

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    Options

Just wondering why there hasn't been a response to this question from the 1PW Team....

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Lorraine_

My apologies for the delayed reply. I'd be happy to let the team know you'd like to see a reveal/show option within 1Password in the browser. Thanks for letting us know this matters to you.

ref: PB-31830941

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy,
    Thanks! But I can't believe I'm the only one who has mentioned this -- and I know I've mentioned it in the past. Is there a reason behind this functionality?

• You're not the only one to mention this. 🙂 I too would like to see this and a fair amount of others here in the community. You're in good company with the lot of us. I'm not sure if there is a technical reason. I've got you down for the feature request.

This discussion has been closed.