Safari Browser Extension Loses Its Place And Doesn't Work In Github 2FA Page

Options

As you see in the screenshot above, after I enter my password, it moves to there and not opening again. I only have 2 browser extensions which are Grammarly and 1password.

I realized that it's actually broken, not a user interface issue.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macOS 12.6.3 (Monterey)
Browser:_ Safari (latest)

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @muratgozel, it's possible that you've run into a known issue with the extension in Safari not working on Github.com. To check and confirm this, I'd like for you to reproduce the behavior on Github.com and then send over your extension console logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Feel free to paste the logs into your next reply. Otherwise, you can attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. If you send an email, please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• muratgozel
    muratgozel
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hey, I activated the console log for the extension but it disappeared once I clicked the extension. (because extension shuts itself down) its okay if this is a known issue, i will wait for the updates. i guess there is no other way to scan a qr and get the verification in 2fa (like through mobile app for example). using 2fa would be great with 1password, thanks anyway, i will wait for the updates related to this.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@muratgozel the issue with Github only occurs in 1Password for Safari. So it's still possible set up 2fa for your Github account via the mobile app or through 1Password in other browsers.

Feel free to try out one of those two workarounds. If you run into any issues at all, please let us know.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@muratgozel one of my colleagues found a way to get the extension working on Github in Safari. Please try the steps below:

1. Open Safari and go to bitbucket.org.
    2. The purple dot should also presented in the 1Password icon.
    3. Click the Extension icon and you should see the option of "Set up SSH Agent".
    4. Click the Dismiss button.
    1. Go to github.com and set up 2fa. Things should work now.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you need more help.

• muratgozel
    muratgozel
    Community Member
    Options

thank youu, i set it up with the desktop app, wasnt aware its possible without browser extension. i might try bitbucket ssh agent dismiss aproach in the future :) thanks anyway, thats all for now.

• @muratgozel, on behalf of Joy, you are most welcome!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• fmca1
    fmca1
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am finding a similar issue when navigating to Github.com (already signed in) on Safari: the blue/purple dot appears above the extension and I can't open the extension any longer, on any tab in the browser. The extension only becomes usable again when I restart Safari. But the issue returns as soon as I navigate to a GitHub page.

_1Password: latest versions
    Safari: latest version
    MacOS: Ventura 13.2.1
    _

• Hey @fmca1,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Did the steps above as provided by Joy help at all?

• fmca1
    fmca1
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, those steps seem to work. Is that expected to be a long-term fix, or will this issue likely re-occur?

• Hi @fmca1,

It's great to hear those steps resolved things. At this time our development team is working on a fix that should be available in an upcoming update. You can find any updates noted on our releases page linked below:

This discussion has been closed.