Searching with a tag shows no result in browser, unlike macOS

Say you have an entry with the name Thing and it has the tag production applied to it.

The macOS app helpfully returns results from any vault that has an entry named Thing and a tag named production when you search for the string thing production.

That is not the case in the web version of 1Password which is a bit problematic. If search matching is applied to multiple properties, this either should be consistent across platforms, or it should be something that can be configured via settings.

We use tags to denote whether credentials are used for production, staging, or development which makes matching across multiple properties very useful for us. Admittedly it could be very noisy for someone with a lot of tags and they might want to disable this.

As a final note, while it's understandable that the web results don't surface tags at all in search results (since they're ignored for full-text search), it would make a lot of sense to display tags if the web version were to start matching on them as well, at least optionally.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2 (22D49)
Browser:_ Safari 16.3

Comments

• Hey @olivierlacan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on ways in which we can improve 1Password. I can definitely understand where you are coming from and agree that it would make sense for search to be consistent across platforms. I also appreciate you providing your use case and I have passed all of your feedback on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB31831717

This discussion has been closed.