To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

newbie concerns about automatic sign on

Options
tonia22
tonia22
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Memberships

I just started using 1Password last night and am feeling very overwhelmed. Very concerned that 1Password allows me to automatically sign on with the link with my master password and secret key without me manually inputting my master password. it seems that if anyone was on my computer they could access my passwords. I had Dashlane for years but have been wanting to change to a better password manager.

One of the main reasons I wanted to leave dashlane is because they changed to just an online program and I could no longer use a yubikey.
Right now I want to set up 2FA and use the google authenticator on my iphone that I use for dashlane. Can I use that authenticator for 1Password or do i need to put another authenticator on my phone. I am going to order a yubikey because I lost mine but not sure which to get. I am an older women and this may be too difficult a transition. What is the best and easiest way to learn how to use 1password. Prefer video.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hey @tonia22

To avoid exposing any confidential information, I have reached out to you via email. This will allow us to go into greater detail about getting things sorted out. Please respond to the email once you receive it! :)

ref: MZT-72444-197

• tonia22
    tonia22
    Community Member
    Options

okay. That's good.

• tonia22
    tonia22
    Community Member
    Options

okay. That's good. should I resend my post.

• ag_josephine
    edited March 2023
    Options

@tonia22

Thank you for letting us know, we've received your response and will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. If you'd like to clarify your issue further, please follow up on your initial email, as we can best help you there.

This discussion has been closed.